Hey ladies! I’ve come up with a few tips to help you choose a swimsuit this summer with ease. I even got some wonderful tips and suggestions from some of my amazing fans!
Read what we think will help you have a super fun swimsuit shopping experience.
1. Before you go shopping, Melissa Schatzle suggests this: “Try to get a little bit of a tan first. Tanned skin looks slimmer and better than white skin.”
2. Get a little glammed up. Fix your hair, put on your makeup and hey why not paint your fingers and toes. Doing this will give you a boost of confidence when you’re staring yourself down in the mirror.
3. When you’re getting dressed the morning you’re planning on shopping for your suit remember to keep it simple. Every article of clothing you wear must come off and on every time you jump in the dressing room. Leave your toe socks at home.
4. Don’t stress about your body. You are beautiful! Every curve, stretch mark and freckle. But if finding the perfect suit to flatter your figure seems stressful, Laura Henry suggests to, “Have a cocktail before going to try on.”
5. When choosing a suit, don’t feel like you have to expose every inch of yourself. I love Anne Catherine LeBlanc’s advice on this. She said, “Just because it doesn’t ‘show you off’ doesn’t mean it can’t be cute!” So true!
6. Color is key when shopping for the perfect beach attire. Caroline Orillion suggests to “[Choose a] color that looks good for your skin tone.”
7. Try on lots of different cuts. Don’t always play it safe. Something you would have never tried on may be the most flattering.
8. Here’s a pinboard I created with lots of swimsuit ideas to help you keep it classy.